Long story short: I found the stop motion Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on Youtube for my little boy to watch, we snuggled for a while, it was wonderful. Then I started looking for other stop motion videos and stumbled on this one. I love the humor between the artist and the wooden model.
“Around the World in 90 Minutes”
Check out this beautiful look at earth from space.
My favorite parts have to be the thunderstorms and the Northern Lights.
The background music in my opinion leaves a little to be desired. My suggestion? Mute this video and play one of these as you watch:
Filmed by the crew and edited by Michael König, he states “All in all I tried to keep the looks of the material as original as possible, avoided adjusting the colors and the like, since in my opinion the original footage itself already has an almost surreal and aestethical visual nature.
Shooting locations in order of appearance:
1. Aurora Borealis Pass over the United States at Night
2. Aurora Borealis and eastern United States at Night
3. Aurora Australis from Madagascar to southwest of Australia
4. Aurora Australis south of Australia
5. Northwest coast of United States to Central South America at Night
6. Aurora Australis from the Southern to the Northern Pacific Ocean
7. Halfway around the World
8. Night Pass over Central Africa and the Middle East
9. Evening Pass over the Sahara Desert and the Middle East
10. Pass over Canada and Central United States at Night
11. Pass over Southern California to Hudson Bay
12. Islands in the Philippine Sea at Night
13. Pass over Eastern Asia to Philippine Sea and Guam
14. Views of the Mideast at Night
15. Night Pass over Mediterranean Sea
16. Aurora Borealis and the United States at Night
17. Aurora Australis over Indian Ocean
18. Eastern Europe to Southeastern Asia at Night
If you have four minutes, watch this art in progression.
Thank you, Precious Adornment for sharing this.