Oh dear, I’m SO sorry for the stretch of days between blog posts. Weekends may be too busy to blog. And then I was recovering yesterday. Lately my thoughts have been:
Paint, paint, paint. When can I sleep next? Can I clean while I sleep? When am I going to have time to cook and clear the clutter? In July. That’s when.
Okay, let me quickly give you an update.
I have discovered a good system with work and sleep, this new system lasts successfully for 3 days until I crash and is as follows:
• Go to bed early (as much before 9pm as possible.)
• Get up at 4:30a and paint until my little one wakes up around 6:30a.
• Get him ready for school.
• Get him to school.
• Do necessary things like reading for a class, dishes, straightening (yeah, right).
• Then paint some more. Eat if I get lightheaded.
• By 1:30, assess if I can keep painting or if I must go to the store for things like milk, etc.
• Then I clock out as artist, and clock in as Mommy around 2:30p.
• Mommy until 7 or 8.
• Paint until 8:30 or 9.
• Shower and sleep til 4:30 again.
This worked beautifully for 3 days. I wasn’t even tired until 8 in the evening, and by the time normal people were getting out of bed in the morning, I had made significant progress which sent all sorts of positive energy my way, which helped me get through the rest of my day.
But, yesterday I crashed. Thought I was getting sick, killer headache, etc. I blame it on the fact that I didn’t get to bed as early as I was supposed to.
I have taken today off to blog and clean and get refreshed doing different things with my brain because I was simply burnt out on painting. So, this system worked and I now know the effects of not keeping to the self imposed rules of getting enough sleep. I will start another round tomorrow and see how long I last.
Since I blogged last, I painted four paintings. If you NEED daily updates, I am constantly posting to Instagram. Please go there to feed any of your update needs.
Click on an image to see the full caption and explanation. Enjoy!!! And keep following. I can’t tell you what all the comments on Instagram have been for me – huge encouragement! Thank you!